Dear Texas Small Businesses & Economic Development Partners,
The Office of the Governor would like to announce the launch of a new recovery program, the Texas Travel Industry Recovery Grant Program (TTIR), which will begin accepting applications July 6, 2022. The purpose of this program is to provide grants to Texas businesses in the tourism, travel, and hospitality industry that were negatively impacted due to COVID-19.
The TTIR program will issue a one-time grant of up to $20,000 to eligible Texas businesses in the following industries: arts, entertainment, and recreation; food services and drinking places; traveler accommodation; RV parks and recreational camps; traveler arrangement and reservation services; convention and tradeshow organizers; breweries; wineries; and distilleries.
Applications will be accepted in phases by industry group. Below is a listing of application timelines, based on business NAICS code.
- Category 1 – July 6 to July 31, 2022: NAICS 312120, 312130, 312140, 5615, 561920, and 7212
- Category 2 – August 1 to August 21, 2022: NAICS 71
- Category 3 – August 22 to September 11, 2022: NAICS 7211
- Category 4 – September 12 to October 2, 2022: NAICS 722
- Category 5 – If funds remain after the first four phases a fifth phase will revisit any unfunded applications to award the remaining funds.
The Texas Economic Development & Tourism Office will host a series of webinars for specific industry groups to provide more information and answer questions on the program and application process. To register for the webinars and for eligibility and grant application details, deadlines, and more, click the link below.