Hampton Inn & Suites Colleyville (newly opened)
Director of Sales
Our Company looks for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We are seeking a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Director of Sales to join our team.
The Sales Director will report to the General Manager and will work closely with the hotel’s Sales & Marketing team to drive our business and maximize revenues to exceed expectations. The successful candidate will lead the hotel into profitability through innovation and entrepreneurial spirit. Primary responsibility is to lead the development and execution of strategic Sales and Marketing plans and initiatives that maximize profitability for the hotel in order to achieve budget, revenue and market share targets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Prospect new clients.
* Follow up on all sales leads and correspondence.
* Maintain active sales contact on all assigned accounts and within assigned market segments.
* Coordinate and facilitate Sales Calls.
* Maintain up to date trace files for follow up.
* Qualify clients, develops proposals, and prepares contracts.
* Service current clients and assertively rebooks them.
* Research competition and assess general market conditions.
* Prepare and maintain account files and required records.
* Exercise hotel policies and procedures in accordance with the duties above.
* Develop new clients through daily prospecting and weekly outside sales calls.
* Revenue Management – Provide strategic revenue management plans within the hotel to include; rate development, establishment of group thresholds, space utilization policy, deployment strategies thought the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
* Ensure effective utilization of selling guidelines to maximize revenue contribution from all segments.
* Perform all other related duties/projects/reports as assigned by the General Manager.
* A four-year college degree or equivalent experience/ education. Two years of employment in hotel sales specifically.
* Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence professionals and hotel guests.
* Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
* Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/ marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
* Strong administrative skills, to include business writing, mathematics for basic accounting and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
* Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Must have strong leadership skills
* Must be available to work some weekends and holidays, as necessary.
* Occasional travel required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We offer a competitive Salary commensurate with experience