ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
REPORTS TO: General Manager
APPLY IN PERSON: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Fort Worth
1111 W. Lancaster Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Ensure guest satisfaction and the efficient operation of the hotel by supervising operating departments in the absence of the General Manager and/or the Manager on Duty. Assist the General Manager by continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction, and development of employees.
Education & Experience:
- At least 5 years progressive experience in a Rooms or F&B department Hotel; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 to 3 years experience in a Rooms or F&B department at a Hotel; or a 2-year college degree and at least 3 to 4 years of experience in a Rooms or F&B department at a Hotel.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems.
- Long hours sometimes required. Typically a 50 hour workweek.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality’s dress code and wearing a nametag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers, Alcohol Awareness, CPR & First Aid.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the hotel in the absence of the General Manager by supervising and supporting the Guest Services, Food & Beverage, Food Production, Engineering, Accounting, Sales and Housekeeping departments. Communicate and/or correct deficiencies in these departments in conjunction with the supervisor on duty.
- Use competencies from Aimbridge & Brand training materials to develop self in all operational departments. Work with Department Heads to gain a good understanding of each position and how it affects the operation of the hotel.
- Assist the General Manager as needed in revenue generation programs. Participate in the sales effort by meeting on-site contacts for evening functions, greeting important clients and participating in sales calls with Sales Team members.
- Assist the General Manager in the development of managerial and hourly employees through the implementation of Corporate-approved training programs. Participate in (at a minimum) bi-weekly one-on-one’s with the Department Heads to facilitate personnel development.
- Assist in creating an environment where employees make empowered decisions to ensure guest satisfaction. Follow up on all empowerment successes and opportunities with the appropriate Department Head.
- Assist the General Manager with the creation of financial reports as required by the Corporate Office. Meet all Corporate imposed deadlines as well as those imposed by the General Manager.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training.
- Ensure recruiting, hiring and training for Guest Services based on occupancy
- Ensure weekly meetings with Front Desk to address oversell settings and react accordingly
- Oversee AR/AP, payroll, month end, etc.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment that focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
- Ensure compliance with Preventative Maintenance and Deep Cleaning Programs through the daily and/or weekly inspection of rooms with the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests, management and all other employees.
- Be familiar with S.O.P.’s in all Operations departments. Ensure that each department is in compliance or has developed an Action Plan for achieving compliance with S.O.P.’s.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Support Operations departments during peak periods.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.’s.
- Complete required corporate training modules, and become certified to train those as required.
- Generally a promotional opportunity will require relocation to another property.
- Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
- Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically with regard to security and initiate a monthly safe audit.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.