Super Shuttle Job Posting
Date Created: 2/25/16
Transdev, formerly Veolia Transportation, is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Under the supervision of the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager is primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining ongoing relationships with corporate travel managers, corporate meeting planners, hotels, tour operators, convention centers, tour companies, government agencies, sports teams, real estate management firms, concierge associations, restaurants and all other sectors of the tourism industry in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Gain full knowledge and keep up to date on operating procedures at the airport for all product lines; understand the Dispatch function and its importance to the operation.
- Assist curbside as needed for large inbound and outbound group movements to maximize trip sales and ensure a positive customer experience.
- Understand all rates and assist in the proper pricing strategy; understand operating cost of all product lines.
- Communicate with service levels at all hotels; visit current accounts and potential accounts to solicit new or renewal business and to ensure that service levels are maintained.
- Establish annual sales strategy with GM and update monthly
- Attend sales/operations meeting with GM every week, report on upcoming groups and special events.
- Monitor convention calendar and contact all incoming meeting planners in a documented process to gain prepaid ridership.
- Build relationships as outlined below and report to general manager.
- Manage in house sales staff as needed. (Additional outside staff as needed)
- Review competition in regards to equipment, pricing, and perceived strategy for your market.
- Prepare weekly report of sales activities and results and ongoing account management and updates.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ professional sales experience, preferably within the travel industry, with companies in fields such as airline, hotel, rental car, transportation business development, or corporate travel markets.
- Any combination of education and experience that will allow the applicant to perform the duties of the job may be considered
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Excellent listening, verbal, written communication and telephone skills required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data entry.
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal skills; be able to establish positive and productive professional relationships.
- Consistently maintain a professional presence, appearance and manner.
- Must be a consultative seller and a strong closer.
- Maintains a positive, enthusiastic attitude and collaborates effectively as a team player with an eagerness to learn.
- Proven to be a self-starter with strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to focus and prioritize to achieve optimum results.
- Ability to organize and administer several tasks/projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Strong independent decision making skills
- Strong customer service capabilities.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time at trade shows and be able to lift 35 pounds.
Pre-Employment Requirements: Drug testing and background check
Please send resumes to Jerry Anderson at email@example.com